|Job Title||Paramedic (911) - FT $65,000 Annual ($5000 Bonus + Relo)|
|Location||Carthage, Louisville, Forrest, Macon, MS|
|Department||EMS Field Operations|
Locations: Forrest & Louisville
This position reports to a Field Supervisor. Paramedics are accountable for responding to all assigned calls in the most appropriate and efficient manner, providing the highest standards of patient care while providing a safe and hazard-free environment. The Paramedic contributes to overall patient care in the areas of patient assessment, treatment, packaging and transport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt and regular attendance at work
- Provide quality patient care utilizing thorough knowledge and appropriate administration of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), PHTLS, PALS, EVOC and approved medical protocols
- Assess and treat with appropriate techniques (resources and equipment), any medical situation while maintaining the highest standard of patient care and professionalism according to current company standards
- Must maintain neat and professional appearance at all times in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintain the ambulance and equipment in a clean, organized and response ready mode
- Complete all patient care reports for each response with appropriate and complete patient care documentation and billing information
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with other individuals within the community and EMS system
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures provided in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Responsible for maintaining current state and county certifications
- Must attend all scheduled Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses
- Performs other such duties as may be required
- Current Mississippi Paramedic certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- CPR certification
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- S. Degree in Emergency Medical Technology
- National Registry
The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; step, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or carry up to 125 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Works outdoors and indoors with occasional exposure to hazardous conditions and to blood/body fluids, fumes/odors (requires respirator use) and extended day and temperature changes. Frequently works with others, face-to-face contact with others with exposure to noise, mechanical equipment and electrical equipment. Performs shift work and performs duties frequently in a mobile environment and in confined areas.
Patient Care Logistics Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.